Follow these steps to make sure that all of the videos on your virtual event play correctly.
All embedded videos (including the feature film, trailer, About section Video message from the film team, and Partner pre-roll video) on your event need to follow this format exactly to play correctly.
1. Give S&T permission to embed your video
- On the right side of the video player on Vimeo
- Hover over and click the lock icon with the checkmark labeled 'Privacy'
- For “link”, select the option - “Hide this video from vimeo.com"
- For “Where can this be embedded?” select “Anywhere”
2. Remove unnecessary Vimeo icons for a more cinematic look
- Select "Player" on the right hand menu
- There are three sectioned rectangles to edit
- In the bottom Playbar section disable:
- Show Vimeo logo
- Speed controls
- Custom logo
- In the upper right section disable:
- Watch later
- In the upper left section disable:
- Profile picture
- Let users decide
- After this step, make sure you hit save in the top right corner!
4. Copy & paste the correct Vimeo link into S&T
- When pasting the URL into Show&Tell, be sure the link looks exactly like this: https://vimeo.com/452714387
Don’t forget to remove password protection from your video on Vimeo if you haven't already!
The final touch...
- Last, at the bottom of Settings click “Advanced Settings”. Under Embed scroll to the bottom of the section to 'Customization' and adjust the color to replace the Vimeo blue HEX color #00ADEF with Show&Tell’s signature orange tone #D44B19.
You're done! Great job :)